Jamie Galligan's blog »

Friday 8 May 2009

evaluation question 1.

1.In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

I created my cover from the inspiration of a Niche magazine called Hip-Hop connection. This magazine like mine focuses on the UK Hip-Hop industry. I created my magazine to have a similar look by copying some of the same conventions. I looked at some Hip-Hop connection covers on the internet to try and find one I could use some ideas from. I found one with three different artists on the cover which I found more interesting than some of the others with only one on. Also it has some small text above the masthead which I thought looked effective so I used this idea on mine.
For my contents I looked at a magazine called mixmag. This magazines contents page was a double page spread but I decided I preferred my contents in a single page. I used some ideas from this such as the contents text being in an individual box and including many various artists of both sexes on this page.
For my double page spread I also used some ideas from mixmag but I decided on making mine more unique. Instead of using many different images on it like the one I looked at in mixmag I used only two, one large one on the right page and one smaller one above the text on the left page. I used a drop capital to start my article as featured in the mixmag magazine.
On the right are examples of Hip-Hop connection, Mixmag and my own (LockDown).

0 comments: